Nettle & Lavender Hair Rinse
a Mountain Rose Herbs recipe
Nettle is a wonderfully strengthening tonic herb for hair. Its high mineral and vitamin content nourishes all hair types. Lavender essential oil is calming and helps normalize both dry and oily scalp conditions, and its antimicrobial and anti-inflammatory nature makes it a nice choice for irritated or sensitive scalps, too.
2 1/2 cups organic nettle leaf tea, brewed strong
5 drops organic lavender essential oil
1 tablespoon baking soda
1. Using a covered pot, decoct your herbs for 10 to 15 minutes. I generally use 1/4 cup of herbs per cup of water.
2. Strain out the herbs and combine your herbal infusion, essential oils and baking soda in a glass jar. You want the baking soda to be completely dissolved and well mixed.
3. Allow the infusion to cool to body temperature.
4. Pour over dry hair or soak hair in the mixture for at least five minutes. Massage the scalp gently using a circular motion.
5. Rinse out with clean running water.