West Indies Tempeh Salad
recipe by Mountain Rose Herbs staff
Tempeh is a protein-packed cake made from whole soybeans that is cultured and fermented, making it easier to digest than tofu. The meaty texture makes it the perfect alternative to chicken or tuna. With notes of ginger, fenugreek, coriander, mustard seed, and garlic, the harmonious blend of Epicurean Organics West Indies Rub adds a punch of flavor and a nice amount of heat to this recipe.
12 ounces organic tempeh, cubed
1 stalk organic celery, chopped
1 organic carrot shredded
½ organic red bell pepper, chopped
½ organic yellow onion, chopped
2 cloves of organic garlic, minced
1/2 organic hemp seeds
1/3 cup organic mayonnaise or vegenaise
2 tablespoons Epicurean Organics Macadamia Nut Oil
2 teaspoons Epicurean Organics West Indies Rub
1 teaspoon organic lemon juice
Himalayan Pink Salt, to taste
Rainbow Peppercorns, freshly ground to taste
1/3 cup organic golden raisins
1. Steam the cubed tempeh and then brown it in a sauté pan with 1 tablespoon oil of your choice.
2. Remove from heat and allow the tempeh to cool while you prepare the vegetables.
3. Mix tempeh, celery, carrot, bell pepper, onion, garlic, and hemp seeds together in a bowl.
4. Stir the mayonnaise, Macadamia Nut Oil, lemon juice, and West Indies Rub into the tempeh and vegetable mixture.
5. Season with Himalayan Pink Salt and freshly ground Rainbow Peppercorns.
6. Fold in the golden raisins.
7. Serve on toasted sourdough bread or in a wrap with greens, on seeded crackers, or enjoy as a side dish!
Get organic hemp seeds, Macadamia Nut Oil, West Indies Rub, Himalayan Pink Salt and Rainbow Peppercorns to make this ...