Vanilla ~ Honey ~ Peach Butter
7-8 large, ripe peaches (about 3 ½ to 4 pounds)
½ cup turbinado sugar
½ cup honey
¼ cup lemon juice, freshly squeezed
1 whole vanilla bean
1. Rinse peaches under cool water and pat dry. Meanwhile, bring a large pot of water to boil.
2. Set the peaches in the boiling water to blanch for one minute. Drain and immediately place peaches in a large bowl of ice water. This treatment will make the skins easily slip off of the fruit.
3. Slice peeled peaches and place in a large pot (you can use the same one as long as you dry it out with a towel first). Simmer the peaches over medium heat for 20 minutes, stirring often.
4. Puree peaches in a food processor (or use an immersion blender) and return to the pot. Add the sugar, honey and lemon juice. Using a sharp knife, slice open the vanilla bean and scrape the seeds into the pot.
5. Bring the fruit mixture to a boil. Reduce heat and simmer about 45 minutes or until thickened, stirring often.
6. Remove from heat and transfer the peach butter into sterile canning jars and seal. Makes about 4 half-pint jars.
Get Organic Vanilla to Make This Recipe
This wonderful spread is delicious on warm toast, biscuits and scones or served alongside grilled chicken or pork. Make extra to give as gifts!