Curried Sweet Potato Coconut Soup
a Mountain Rose Herbs recipe
An irresistible combination of spicy and sweet, this soup smells and tastes amazing! You'll want to make a double batch so you'll have enough to savor and share with friends and family, and (if you're lucky) still have some to freeze for a quick lunch or supper another day.
1 ½ lb organic sweet potato, baked and puréed
2 organic yellow onions, diced
4 organic cloves of garlic, diced
1/4 cup fresh organic ginger, finely grated
2 tbsp organic Sesame oil
1 tbsp organic curry powder
1 tsp organic cinnamon powder
1 tsp organic turmeric powder
1 tsp organic coriander powder
1/2 tsp organic cumin powder
6 cups organic vegetable stock
1 can organic coconut milk
1 tbsp organic maple syrup (or agave)
Pink Himalayan Salt to taste
Organic Rainbow Peppercorns, ground to taste
1. Heat oil in a pot and sauté onion, garlic, and ginger until onions are golden brown.
2. Add spices.
3. Cook for another minute.
4. Mix in the pureed sweet potatoes.
5. Add stock and bring to a gentle boil.
6. Lower the heat to warm, cover, and cook to let the flavors develop for 10-15 minutes.
7. Puree with a blender. I like to use a handheld immersion blender.
8. Stir in coconut milk, maple syrup, and heat on low.
9. Season to taste with salt and pepper.
10. Add a few tablespoons of water to thin if needed.